Serving Other Institutions
All of the services we provide at the University of Maryland are also available to other institutions of higher education. We have extensive experience working in academic environments and understand the unique aspects of faculty culture and governance structures and recognize the complexities of supporting and developing academic leaders. Click on any of the buttons above to learn about these specific services.
Developing a Peer Consulting Network at Your Institution
The University of Maryland’s Peer Consulting Network is a unique and highly successful model that is perfectly suited to institutions of higher education. It leverages often limited organizational development resources. We can help you implement a PCN structure at your organization by
- Partnering with you to assess your institution’s organizational development needs and capacities.
- Working with you to gain and sustain institutional support for organizational development and a peer consulting program over time.
- Helping you assess your infrastructure capacity for running a successful peer program.
- Helping you build your readiness to launch a successful, comprehensive and sustainable program.
- Assisting you in designing a peer training model that is tailored to your setting.
- Providing process consultation training directly to your peers or assist you in the design and delivery of your own training.
- Working with you to develop an ongoing professional development plan to keep your peers connected, committed and highly skilled.